Long Bay Club
The Long Bay Golf Club is not your typical Myrtle Beach course. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, aka “The Golden Bear”, this is not only one of his signature designs, but one of the most versatile games you’ll play.
This is a links style course that is one of the elite and rare courses to be part of the Prime Times Foundation Collection. It describes itself to be a perfectly blended feel of the East and West Coast. If you’re up for a challenge, this is the course for you. There are dramatic elevation changes, a variety of bunkers, and challenging manmade mounds. Overall, it’s said to be one of the most challenging courses on the Grand Strand.
With Champion Bermuda greens that are kept up nicely year round, this is a good pick for any time of year if you’re up for a skill test with the best. Lion’s Bay will definitely give you your dollar’s worth and more.
- Course Designer:Jack Nicklaus
- Tee Format:Double Tee
- Championship Yardage:7025
- Men’s Yardage:6209
- Ladies’ Yardage:5640
- Other Amenities:Driving Range|Putting Green|Sand & Chipping Area
- Year Opened:1989
- Locker Room with Shower facilities:No
- Greens (Type):Champion Bermuda
- Water Holes:Ave
- Championship Slope / Rating:74.3/140
- Men’s Slope / Rating:70.5 / 129
- Ladies’ Slope / Rating:72.1/127
- Food:Restaurant (Limited Menu)
- Club Rental Available:Yes
- Soft Spike Facility:Yes