Dunes Golf and Beach Club
Dunes Golf and Beach Club has a legendary course that was designed by and renovated by two famous father and son architects. Originally masterminded by Robert Trent Jones and renovated by his son, Rees Jones, this course is what is know to be one of the Jones’ signature courses.
This course does a fine job of giving each of its 18 holes a predictive name that lets you foresee what each hole is about to get into before you tee off. Matter of fact, you may recognize the hole named “Waterloo”. This hole alone has been awarded as one of the world’s greatest golf holes. It’s a challenging course on absolute ideal golfing terrain. Trees frame the fairways and it’s sandy with rolling greens. It lines the ocean with splendid views and is highly respected by the golf community.
As one of the classics, you may have already heard of this course as one of the top 100 picks to play. With a reputation like that, how could you not add this one to your list?
- Course Designer:—
- Tee Format:Double Tee
- Championship Yardage:7165
- Men’s Yardage:6175
- Ladies’ Yardage:5345
- Other Amenities:Driving Range|Putting Green|Sand & Chipping Area
- Year Opened:1948
- Locker Room with Shower facilities:Yes
- Greens (Type):Bent
- Water Holes:A lot
- Championship Slope / Rating:75.7/144
- Men’s Slope / Rating:70.6 / 135
- Ladies’ Slope / Rating:71.4/131
- Food:Full Service Restaurant
- Club Rental Available:Yes
- Soft Spike Facility:Yes