Bald Head Island
This is a nationally recognized course that is most recently famed for its epic renovation. Bald Head Island has made a name for itself since it was originally designed by the famous George Cobb, and now ranked number two in the nation for its renovation by Tim Cate.
You’ll want to bring your camera and not just your clubs to this course. Some of the holes are completely undisturbed, surrounded by luscious nature and natural wildlife. You’ll golf through a maritime forest, around lagoons, and wind your way over dunes. The newly vamped atmosphere is surreal and the course offers new bunkers and new Miniverde greens with sandy and native grasses for your game. It has a slope rating of 143 and a course rating of 73.7. It’s a course that any golfer is able to find their challenge on and have a fun game.
The entire island is a place to add to your bucket list for golf and leisure. It’s a short ferry ride to the 14 mile long island, and one golf experience you don’t want to miss.
- Course Designer:George Cobb
- Tee Format:Single Tee
- Championship Yardage:73.8
- Men’s Yardage:6225
- Ladies’ Yardage:4847
- Other Amenities:Driving Range|Putting Green|Sand & Chipping Area
- Year Opened:1972
- Locker Room with Shower facilities:No
- Greens (Type):Tifdwarf
- Water Holes:A lot
- Championship Slope / Rating:6804/137
- Men’s Slope / Rating:70.6 / 122
- Ladies’ Slope / Rating:69.1/113
- Food:Full Service Restaurant
- Club Rental Available:Yes
- Soft Spike Facility:Yes